Pre-print publications under peer review
A list of all of the lab's pre-print publications, posted to bioRxiv
, can be found here
Note that not all of these will appear in peer review with the same titles as found there, as often even the title of a paper can change as a result of the peer review process.
- Longitudinal changes in aperiodic and periodic activity in electrophysiological recordings in the first seven months of life. Schaworonkow N & Voytek B. bioRxiv.
- Local field potentials in a pre-motor region predict learned vocal sequences. Brown DE, Chavez JI, Nguyen DH, Kadwory A, Voytek B, Arneodo E, Gentner TQ, Gilja V. bioRxiv.
- Co-Increasing neuronal noise and beta power in the developing brain. Wei H, Donoghue T, Sowman PF, Seymour RA, Brock J, Crain S, Voytek B, Hillebrand A. bioRxiv.
- Alpha oscillations control cortical gain by modulating excitatory-inhibitory background activity. Peterson EJ & Voytek B. bioRxiv.
- Parameterizing neural power spectra into periodic and aperiodic components. Donoghue T*, Haller M*, Peterson EJ*, Varma P, Sebastian P, Gao R, Noto T, Knight RT, Shestyuk A¶, Voytek B¶. Nature Neurosci. (paper).
- *,¶ these authors contributed equally to this work.
- Neuronal timescales are functionally dynamic and shaped by cortical microarchitecture. Gao R, van den Brink RL, Pfeffer T, Voytek B. eLife. (paper).
- Electrophysiological frequency band ratio measures conflate periodic and aperiodic neural activity. Donoghue T, Dominguez J, Voytek B. eNeuro. (paper).
- Homeostatic mechanisms may shape the type and duration of oscillatory modulation. Peterson EJ & Voytek B. J Neurophysiol. (paper).
- Linked sources of neural noise contribute to age-related cognitive decline. Tran TT, Rolle CE, Gazzaley A, Voytek B. J Cogn Neurosci. (paper).
- NitroSynapsin ameliorates hypersynchronous neural network activity in Alzheimer hiPSC models. Ghatak S, Dolatabadi N, Gao R, Wu Y, Scott H, Trudler D, Sultan A, Ambasudhan R, Nakamura T, Masliah E, Talantova M, Voytek B, Lipton SA. Mol Psychiatry.
- Memantine effects on EEG measures of putative excitatory/inhibitory balance in schizophrenia. Molina JL, Voytek B, Thomas ML, Joshi YB, Bhakta SG, Talledo JA, Swerdlow NR, Light GA. Biol Psychiatry: Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging.
- EEG Power Spectral Slope differs by ADHD status and stimulant medication exposure in early childhood. Robertson MM, Furlong S, Voytek B, Donoghue T, Boettiger CA, Sheridan MA. J Neurophysiol. (paper).
- Complex Oscillatory Waves Emerging from Cortical Organoids Model Early Human Brain Network Development. Trujillo CA*, Gao R*, Negraes PD*, Chaim IA, Domissy A, Vandenberghe M, Devor A, Yeo GW, Voytek B¶, Muotri AR¶. Cell Stem Cell. (paper).
- Cycle-by-cycle analysis of neural oscillations. Cole SR & Voytek B. J Neurophysiol. (paper)
- Field potential 1/f activity in the subcallosal cingulate region as a candidate signal for monitoring deep brain stimulation for treatment resistant depression. Veerakumar A, Tiruvadi V, Howell B, Waters AC, Crowell AL, Voytek B, Posse PR, Denison L, Rajendra JK, Edwards JA, Bijanki KR, Choi KS, Mayberg HS. J Neurophysiol. (paper)
- Setd5 haploinsufficiency alters neuronal network connectivity and leads to autistic-like behaviors in mice. Moore SM, Seidman JS, Ellegood J, Gao R, Savchenko A, Troutman TD, Abe Y, Stender J, Lee D, Wang S, Voytek B, Lerch J, Suh H, Glass CK, Muotri AR. Transl Psychiatry. (paper)
- NeuroDSP: A package for neural digital signal processing. Cole SR, Donoghue T, Gao R, Voytek B. J Open Source Software. (paper)
- Characteristics of waveform shape in Parkinson’s disease detected with scalp electroencephalography. Jackson N, Cole SR, Voytek B, Swann NC. eNeuro. (paper)
- Uncovering Neuronal Networks Defined by Consistent between-Neuron Spike Timing from Neuronal Spike Recordings. van der Meij R, Voytek B. eNeuro. (paper)
- Social Media, Open Science, and Data Science Are Inextricably Linked. Voytek B. Neuron. (paper)
- Inferring synaptic excitation/inhibition balance from field potentials. Gao R, Peterson E, Voytek B. NeuroImage. (paper)
- Nonsinusoidal beta oscillations reflect cortical pathophysiology in Parkinson's disease. Cole SR, van der Meij R, Peterson EJ, de Hemptinne C, Starr PA, Voytek B. J Neurosci. (paper).
- Brain oscillations and the importance of waveform shape. Cole SR & Voytek B. Trends Cogn Sci. (paper).
- Preparatory encoding of the fine scale of human spatial attention. Voytek B, Samaha J, Rolle CE, Greenberg Z, Gill N, Porat S, Kader T, Rahman S, Malzyner R, Gazzaley A. J Cogn Neurosci. (paper).
- Alpha phase dynamics predict age-related visual working memory decline. Tran T, Hoffner NC, LaHue SC, Tseng L, Voytek B. NeuroImage. (paper).
- The virtuous cycle of a data ecosystem. Voytek B. PLOS Comput Biol. (paper).
- Oscillatory dynamics coordinating human frontal networks in support of goal maintenance. Voytek B, Kayser AS, Badre D, Fegen D, Chang EF, Crone NE, Parvizi J, Knight RT, D’Esposito M. Nature Neurosci. (paper).
- Age-related Changes in 1/f Neural Electrophysiological Noise. Voytek B, Kramer MA, Case J, Lepage KQ, Tempesta ZR, Knight RT, Gazzaley A. J Neurosci. (paper).
- Dynamic network communication as a unifying neural basis for cognition, development, aging, and disease. Voytek B & Knight RT. Biol Psychiatry. (paper).
- A method for event-related phase/amplitude coupling. Voytek B, D'Esposito M, Crone N, Knight RT. NeuroImage. (paper).
- Automated cognome construction and semi-automated hypothesis generation. Voytek JB & Voytek B. J Neurosci Methods. (paper).
- Prefrontal cortex lesions impair object-spatial integration. Voytek B*, Soltani M*, Pickard N, Kishiyama MM, Knight RT. PLoS ONE. (paper).
- * these authors contributed equally to this work.
- Prefrontal cortex and basal ganglia contributions to visual working memory. Voytek B & Knight RT. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. (paper).
- Dynamic neuroplasticity after human prefrontal cortex damage. Voytek B, Davis M, Yago E, Barceló F, Vogel EK, Knight RT. Neuron. (paper).
- Shifts in gamma phase-amplitude coupling frequency from theta to alpha over posterior cortex during visual tasks. Voytek B, Canolty RT, Shestyuk A, Crone NE, Parvizi J, Knight RT. Front Human Neurosci. (paper).
- Hemicraniectomy: A new model for human electrophysiology with high spatio-temporal resolution. Voytek B, Secundo L, Bidet-Caulet A, Scabini D, Stiver SI, Gean AD, Manley GT, Knight RT. J Cogn Neurosci. (paper).